Monday, October 1, 2007

This is...Gandhi's....birthday

It's Gandhi's birthday today (Mahatma Gandhi's, not Sonia Gandhi's - and not Dave Gandhi's, who runs my local chippy) and so it's a national holiday. I've taken the opportunity to come in and get some work (and blogging) done, so am sat here listening to The Final Countdown on my i-pod in peace.


Yesterday I got to tick another item off my list of "Things to do to look cool before you die" - playing the guitar whilst riding on the back of a motorbike in India (in India is optional - for ultimate coolness it should really be Route 66 in the USA).




As I mentioned yesterday a bunch of schoolkids have invaded the campus for a few days, and we've been entertaining them. As I also said, I got pressganged into singing to them - I've now got hold of a photo - just look how bored the poor blighters look - especially the girl on the right hand side.






This poor little fella just doesn't know what to make of it - "who is this strange wailing man?"



Some of the chaps from work got their bongos out and everyone gathered round to watch. Oh, grow up! We all watched them playing with their instruments. One chap had a long, thin horn that widened out at the end, and made a kind of wailing sound. Hang on a sec, I'll try and upload a video clip so you can hear...
Wow, that actually seems to have worked. Cool. Check out the dancing - don't you think it's a bit like the dancing in the video to Fatboy Slim's "Praise You"? I do anyway. It's a Kurumba tribal dance I believe. Anyway, it was awesome.





I'll put a photo on too just in case the video clip doesn't work after all.



So, yeah, all in all, a cool day.

No comments: