Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Grand Decking Project - Lunch on Day 2



So, here we are at lunch on Day 2. Day 1 was a grand success, getting all the basic structure up. We have been using the stone cutter to cut tiles for the steps, and laying the first few bits of decking. The stone cutter was a most excellent power tool and made me feel very macho, especially as I am now sporting a beard, albeit one with a fair few tints of ginger and (a recent development!) grey. In fact, I swear I discovered my first grey hair the same day we found out Em was pregnant. I know I am getting old now since my blog features my DIY exploits and I waffle about my grey hairs. Still, I have chosen Absolute Radio over Radio 2 for our builders' radio station of choice, so not too middle aged yet...

Actually - I say DIY, it should really be DISE as Dad it doing all the hard work in my opinion. Still, DIY and barbecues really seems to be the well-protected domain of all Dads. Perhaps, when Em has the baby in December, Dad and I will have to have a "DIY-off" to see which Dad has the true mastery of skills. I know who would win at the moment so I'd best get practising (cut to six months time, me with saw in hand: "your powers are weak old man, now I am the master". Dad: "Mike, I have something to tell you ... I am your father." Me: "Noooooo!!!")

Anyway, I managed to convince Dad to finally take a photo of me instead so it gives the impression that I am actually doing some of the work too (namely the bits that have gone wrong!)

No comments: