Friday, September 10, 2010

MRI Scan

Just had one of those MRI scan things to make sure my brain is still there. Whilst changing into my hospital gown I was given a choice of music to listen to, which they play over headphones to disguise the noise of the machinery. I then spent a torturous half hour wedged inside a narrow tube with all sorts of weird, horrible sounds going on around me. My fault for choosing Westlife's Allow Us To Be Frank album I suppose (I can only assume that the "Frank" part is rhyming slang). Not really - I went for Classic 80's Rock and it was certainly very surreal being wedged down a rabbit hole with some nurses staring up my gown while The Final Countdown blared into my ears.

It did give me some time to come up with my top five most inappropriate songs to play in an MRI scanner though:
1. I Don't Want to Die In a Hospital - Conor Oberst
2. Die Young - Black Sabbath
3. Nice to be Dead - Iggy Pop
4. Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
5. Anything by Radiohead or Brain Ferry

Anyway, it seemed to go ok. Well, I don't have the results yet, but what I mean is the machine didn't explode or anything. They even gave me a CD at the end with my scan results on - I did consider loading it onto my blog but it somehow seemed inappropriate. I was disappointed not to get a T-shirt with the CD though - "I rode the Harpenden MRI scanner and survived" or something similar.

No comments: