Monday, September 17, 2007

Hound of the Baskervilles




Another day, another dollar. I made some real progress yesterday with the assignment. Firstly I finished the document that summarised the proposed approach, and secondly I met Pratim, one of the founders. Pratim, along with Sam (pictured), is taking a lead role in facilitating the assignment. We've started getting into the detail of it now, and I was up late last night typing things up.



It's still raining a bit every day, but not as bad as Saturday, when it was monsoon-stylie (left).




The beard growth is stuttering. After good initial progress, I now just look scruffy, a bit like Rich. I've been thrusting my chin out regularly but to no avail. Perhaps it's being tall, hence my head being further from the earth the gravtitational pull on my chin is weaker, and the hairs are not drawn out so fast. That would explain why all dwarves have beards, perhaps.


Got a fright when a huge cow walked right past my office window this morning. For some reason Indian animals are somehow scarier than their British counterparts. There's a psycho dog I nickname "Kajo" who hides in the dark on my commute home and leaps out at me, invariably causing me to stumble into a deep puddle. I swear he hides by the biggest puddles and does it on purpose. Maybe I'll take a photo of him sometime in the daylight and "paintshop pro" it to make him look harmless and soft. That way, if it doesn't make me feel psychologically better then it'll at least make him look silly. I was walking back in the dark last night worrying about Kajo when suddenly I heard this loud hissing. I nearly sh*t myself as I hate snakes. It turned out to be a length of hose by the roadside that was leaking.


Not much else to report, going for a meal at Pratim and Sneh's tonight, which is kind of them. Anyway, there's me banging on about myself all the time without a care for anyone else. Me, me, me. I do apologise, very rude - how are you?

No comments: